Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Don't get between me and my Chi (iron that is)

I lost someone very special to me last week.  I was devastated and my heart is still aching.  My Chi iron died! I know, I know this is awful news.  I could not believe it when I went to turn it on and no red light appeared.  I thought the electrical plug needed to be reset so I quickly pushed the reset button and still nothing.  Perhaps I blew a fuse, yes, that has to be it. I ran to the fuse box and looked very carefully.  It was not a blown fuse. The plug did not need to be reset and I had not blown a fuse. What was wrong with my precious Chi? I was very concerned at this point.  My last resort was to check to see if it would work in another electrical plug......I checked it in every plug in my room and still nothing.  I stood in my room with my Chi laying on my bed and my hands covering my mouth. I kept saying out loud, "This is not happening!"  I really was upset that my Chi iron had broken!!!!!!

Why all the fuss over a flat iron? Well I have had this Chi since before my son was born.  It has been there for me in good hair days and in bad, but it gave me way more good hair than bad.  Not only could it straighten my hair but it could curl it too.  The flat iron is a wonderful invention and the Chi iron is the most amazing flat iron in the world.  People can just say, "I used my Chi today", and people know exactly what you are talking about.  Well, all women and some men.  The Chi does not discriminate. It loves all types of hair and all lengths.  My Chi iron was always there for me.  Always waiting for me next to my sink.  It has seen me live the single life, it was there during my pregnancy, the day I got married, the day my marriage ended, and when I started a new life for myself.  It never let me down and never left my side.

I have had some heartbreak and loss in my life that has literally brought me to my knees.  I have cried so many tears that I could have filled a large bathtub.  I have hidden myself and my heart for almost six years and now it is time to let all the loss and heartache from my past go.  Yes I am sad that my Chi iron is gone, but like the heartbreak I have suffered, it is in my past.  It is time to let go and start over!  It is good when we get start over, even if we have to start over again and again.  We fall down, our hearts get broken, people leave us, our Chi dies, whatever the situation we must move forward.  Take it from me, if you hold on to bad situations from your past you won't ever be happy.  If you keep going over how badly you got hurt you won't ever be happy.  For me personally, I am tired of living in the past and being angry about things that have happened to me.  I was in a marriage that lasted 5 months and the divorce took almost 2 years.  I was 24 when I got married and now that I am about to turn 30 I think it is time to let it all go.  I may not be married again, or even dating, but that is ok because I am doing good on my own.  Well, that's a lie, I am not on my own.  I have the most amazing son, family, group of friends, and God helping me everyday to be happy and let go of the past.  Letting go of extreme hurt is NOT easy, but it can be done.  I now have a new red Chi iron and every morning when I switch it on I am reminded that I get to start over and leave the past behind me.   The lesson learned is it's hard to let go of people or situations from our past that have hurt us, but when we do we get to start over and that is so awesome! 

No comments:

Post a Comment